Monday, May 24, 2010

A Week in the Life Cover Page

So, how about a tutorial for my week in the life cover page.  It looks like this...almost finished...except for the photo.  I'm out of ink.  But, I thought I would share what I have so far. 
Supplies you will need:
1.  To start I cut a strip of craft paper and covered it with American Crafts Thickers.  Then I rubbed Ranger Distress Ink over the top...in order to create a mask.


Peel off the stickers and trim the strip to fit your page.



2.  Place some border strips on the left side of your layout.  Add letters and embellishments.  I used BoBunny Flowers.



3.  Trim a matte for your photo.  In this case my photo will be a 5x7.  So, the matte needs to be 5 1/2 x 7 1/2.  You will need to cut two mattes.  Adhere one matte down with glue dots and place foam adhesive on top of the matte.

4.  Place your second 5 1/2 x 7 1/2 matte on top.  This will leave you room to hide journaling under the photo matte.


Hope this all made sense.  Please leave a comment if you have questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails