Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Banner Tutorial Part 1

First of all let me start by saying that I mixed it up a little bit.  I decided to use the Flying High Paper as well as some from the August 2009 MWExpress Kit.  JoJo has a jungle bedspread and I thought the papers would go with his room better.  Today, I will show you how to cover your chipboard.  Let's get started.

Step 1

I placed my chipboard shape next to the sheet of paper just to get an idea of where I wanted to place it when I flipped the paper over.

Step 2
Flip the paper over.  You want to adhere the chipboard to the back of the paper.

Step 3
Apply the Zip Dry.  Make sure to replace the cap on top of the container.  It really does dry very quickly and you'll have to unplug the applicator if you don't.

Step 4
Put your shape down on the backside of your paper.  Let it dry for a few minutes.

Step 5
Cut out your shape using an Exacto knife.

Steps 6 and 7
Sand the edges of your pieces.  This will make them smooth.  Then, to add more dimension, I went back and used Ranger Distress Inks on the edges.  I started with Vintage Photo and then went over the edges again with black soot.  I like the look, and it makes the pieces stand out better. 

I will be back tomorrow, if time allows to add embelishments and JoJo's name.  Otherwise, it will be next week...due to the bloghop May 28-31.  I hope you join us.  It should be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails