Sunday, May 5, 2013

Some Book Recommendations For You



All Synopses from Amazon:


REAL
A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…
IS HE FOR REAL?
He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting… Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life. He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . . But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me. I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations. If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?

I waiting for like three weeks to buy this book, because I am an idiot.  Buy the book, and read it.  It is so good.

"He was my darkness and I was his light. We couldn't exist without each other."

For me, life was simple. I went to school and studied. I spent time with my friends and stayed out of trouble. I didn't drink or swear and I only dated gentlemen. I was the typical good girl with a bright future. My world seemed perfect.

But that was about to change.

Ryder Delaney was the one imperfection in my life. He was the bad boy, the black sheep, the one your mother always warned you about. He had only one hard-and-fast rule - Don't fall in love.

But some rules were meant to be broken.

We were best friends, inseparable since childhood despite our differences. I knew the real man hiding behind the tattoos and bad attitude. He knew all my secrets and dreams. But he didn't know there was one thing I wanted and couldn't have...him.

But sometimes Fate has a way of intervening. Soon our world collapsed. War erupted. Darkness prevailed. Alone and on the run, our only goal was to survive and to ignore the feelings we had for each other. But love is powerful...

and so is the darkness.

I love this book.  The US is attacked by our enemies and loses all electricity, use of electronic devices, etc.  I loved this book.  The only downside is that it is a cliffhanger ending.  I'll be getting the second book as soon as it comes out!

I knew a boy once.
He was a boy that changed everything.
I didn’t know Parker O’Neil outside of the occasional smile and wink. The AMA Supercross racer came to our small town one winter, and I had no idea what he was capable of. How could I have known that he would change my life forever that summer?
Eventually, the occasional smile became a smile I grew to love and longed to see. The occasional wink became a gesture that made my soul sway and my heart ache. In the canyons of the desert, he showed me his lifestyle and his love.
What I didn’t see was the control he had over me. It was a power the glitz and glamor of his professional lifestyle had and eventually what tore apart any life I thought I knew.
In his world of banging bars and soaring jumps, there was no room for someone like me. But for five years, every time he called or touched me, everything changed again. It was a touch that could heal anything and a smile that could light even the darkest nights.

This story sucked me in like crazy and I knew it was going to tear me to shreds when I started it.  It was so worth it.  I loved it.  It reminded me of Erik and I in some ways.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails