Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Basics: My "Working" Scrapbooks (#1 in Series)

My scrapbooks:  No they are not all one color and uniform, but I am highly considering that idea.  (I store my stickers in a binder...I find that the easiest way to deal with them.  I have general stickers like borders, accents, etc.  I also have letters and holidays in another binder.)  








How they're organized.  At this point, I am working on 5 albums.  Yes, 5 is correct.  I have one album for each boy.  Each boy's album includes some of the same layouts and pictures, and some that are individual to them and their life.  When I talk about layouts for each boy that are the same, I mean I make three copies of one layout, or variations of the same idea.  These albums are arranged in exact chronological order.  Whether the layouts are the "same" or individual to each boy.  I'm sure some of you may disagree with this idea.  And that is quite fine.  Yes, each of my children are special, but I'm sure when they get older they will be glad to have an album even if it has a few of the same pages.


Here is an example of what I'm talking about.  These layouts are a few years old, but it shows how I work my scrapbooks.



The next kind of album I am working on is our family album.  This album is NOT arranged in chronological order, and is more for my own creativity.  When I find a photo or photos that I love and inspire me, I scrapbook them and put them in there.  Later, the boys can fight over this one, I guess.  There are no rules for this scrapbook.  And, I think that is really helpful to break up the monotony of getting pages done.  This is my play album, that I get to put whatever I want in.  In fact, most of the pages I've been sharing lately go into this album.  Here is one of my favorite layouts that is in my family album:

My last and final album is our Project Life Album.  You guys know what that one looks like as I have recently shared my first spread for January.  This album, may eventually just become a continuation of our family album.  I haven't decided yet.  For now, it is separate.  I may turn into a Project Life album of however many years will fit into the book.

So, there you have it.  That is what I am working on and how my boy's/family albums are divided.  I will be back with how I plan the actual pages that go into the albums.  Let me know if you have any questions/comments, either in the comment section or via email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails