Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Gardening 101

 
Disclaimer #1:  I am no gardening expert...In fact, this summer my garden was less than abundant.  That is putting it nicely, to myself.
Disclaimer #2:  These onions look much larger in the photo than in actual life.
Disclaimer #3:  I can't upload any photos since updating my phone to IOS6.  Otherwise I would have included more pics.

So, I thought, I could share a few gardening tips with my dear readers.  I am planning on keeping a year round garden this year.  We have a garden every year, but we usually end it in the fall.  I have brought up composting and gardening in a post or two before.  I thought, however, I could keep you up to speed with what I'm doing now...besides trying to avoid West Nile and end up in the hospital.  I kid...sort of.

So currently, I have only a few things growing in my garden...tomatoes, okra, black beans, asparagus, and pumpkins.  I am currently gathering my fall planting list, which I will post in a follow up post.  So far it includes:  onions, garlic, shallots, spinach.

When I conclude my final list, I will  post it, and share my planting tips.  Hopefully I will be able to upload photos.  In the meantime, if anyone has questions you can post in the comments and I will answer them

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails