Monday, January 9, 2012

I Heart Faces/Best Face Photo 2011



This week's theme at I Heart Faces is best face photo of 2011.  I am so proud of the growth I made this year in my photography journey.  I have taken photos of perfect sleeping babies, beautiful families, children, and teens.  But I had the opportunity to photograph my friend's family right after Christmas.  And this is the most beautiful face of 2011.  That is my friend's mom.  She has been battling cancer for years now, and it's coming to an end as I type.  Susan has always been a woman that everyone loves.  I don't think she has met a person who didn't enjoy her company, or grow to like her no matter how briefly they chatted.  She is wise, smart, and caring.  She is a wonderful mother, and a great grandmother to her grandkids.  She is a wonderful wife to a wonderful husband.  I have admired her for many years.

Though, she wasn't part of my daily life, I have grown to know her through the adoration of her daughter, my friend.  I wish them all of the peace and love in this world right now.  Being able to photograph them, and make her happy was one of the greatest gifts I've ever received.


6 comments:

  1. this is a great picture! one of my faves in the contest - great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great capture--thanks for sharing.
    Leslee in MT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful memory you captured for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful photo, such a precious moment to have captured and preserved!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails