Sunday, October 18, 2009

A few things...





Happy Sunday.
First things first: We moved the craft room to the dining room. Yes, this was the original plan many moons ago (for those of you who know what I'm talking about). Well, we packed up all of the crystal and other items in the china cabinent. Let me just say. I absolutely love my new room. There are a few pictures of what I have done so far. But, as I progress, I will upload more. There is tons more space. I already told Erik that when we move I want more built in cabinents and that I will be keeping the china cabinent. Here are a few things I learned about Craft Room organization.

1. I have too much blue stuff. Blue ribbon, blue buttons, blue paper.

2. Thank god for organization. I had most of my stuff already organized so it wasn't that difficult to transfer it to a new space. Place all of the things you use most often near you.

3. I don't need any more ribbon. I have so much ribbon it's ridiculous. Maybe if I had other colors besides boyish blues, tans, and browns.
4. I am so glad that now my sewing machine is more handy. I think I will finish Maddie's quilt, and start adding stitching to my scrapbook pages.
5. I'm thankful for my husband. He is always very supportive of me, in whatever I need. He wanted me to have a nice place for my stuff. (Perhaps, he is feeling guilty about the gigantic elk mount :)
Onto other news, I am selling Halloween Cards. They are $3 a piece, or 6 for $15. I will also be making Christmas Cards. I am expecting my order to arrive on Monday so I can make some to show you. I also have a list of items I will sell, or make for the Holiday Season, and I will post that later.
Tomorrow, I have to go back to school...sigh. I am dreading it. If only Fall Break could last forever. I wish I wasn't so burned out.
One other thing...I will be posting montly ideas for making a scrapbook about you. I think it's very important to document stuff that you enjoy, or your beliefs. I look in my kids' scrapbooks, and I don't have very many pictures of me in it. I think that's a mistake. I know that of all the people in this world, I wish I had pictures of... my great-grandmother, Elizabeth. She was the matriarch of the family, and many people looked up to her. I wish I could have met her, or had some insight to who she was and what she believed. Apparently, she was quite the lady, politically, and socially. I think we need to leave our mark behind for future generations. Well, I leave you with that. Enjoy what is left of your Sunday. I am looking forward to HBO Sunday. Curb your Enthusiasm, and Bored to Death. Those shows are hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails