Sunday, March 15, 2015

Look Who Used Her Big Girl Camera

I finally broke out my "Real Camera" for the first time since Christmas.  I actually used it to document some lifestyle photos for my family, not just snap shots.  It was nice to do, and I've challenged myself to only use Manual Mode from now on.  Since deciding not to do professional photography, I've been thinking about taking pictures in general a lot.  I realize that part of the reason I don't use my regular camera often is because it is so much easier to use my phone.  I love the convenience of it.  When I use my regular camera, I have to upload the photos.  Then, convert them to JPEG, and make any final edits in PhotoShop.

I also have been thinking about my return to professional photography and if it's something I ever want to do.  And the honest truth is I just don't know.  I know that if I do, it will be on my terms.  It will be sessions and portraits of what I want to create, not the regular run of the mill portrait session.  I also know that I need to define who I am and work on myself as a photographer.  There is so much knowledge to be learned.  I've been trying to immerse myself in that knowledge.

Okay, okay, enough of the self reflection.  Ha.  Here are the photos I promised.  This first one is my absolute favorite.

JoJo made his first confession on Saturday but Erik wasn't able to make it because of work.  He dropped in the church for about a minute and then had to run out to his car to go to a call.  When he got home he gave JoJo a big hug for passing his Sacrament of confession.




Erik and Wolfie working on a demonstration Wolfie had to make for school.  
Maddie working on his art.


 JoJo is really enjoying word searches lately.  

So there you have it a few photos from around here lately using my "big girl camera." Ha.  Enjoy your Sunday.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and love the stories that you captured

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just LOVE your photos, so amazing. (Nice looking family!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are beautiful! Get that big girl camera out! I wish I had one, but yes so much more convenient to use the phone.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails