Friday, September 5, 2014

Wild Thing (12x12 Layout and a Free Cut File)

Hello there everyone!  I hope you've had a fabulous week.  Today, I wanted to share with you a 12x12 layout I made.  When I saw the background paper, it instantly reminded me of the book, Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak.  It is one of my favorite childhood books of all time.  Strangely, my children don't actually like it that much.  To each his own, I guess.  Anyhow, here is the layout.
That is my "Wild Thing" JoJo.  He went through a stage of being a werewolf, and that was him making his werewolf sound when I snapped the photo.  I just changed the quote from the book...to mom not Max saying "Be Still"  I included the anchor as a little symbol from the book as Max sails off on his private boat.  To add some definition to the clouds, I rubbed some Distress Ink on them.  I also popped a few of them up of the page with paper rolled into a ball and stuck down with adhesive. At the time, I didn't think I had any foam stickers...I learned that I, in fact did, when last weekend we had a small hazmat situation on our hands in the laundry room.  I digress.  That's a story for another day.  Let's just say, there is nothing Mod Podge can't do.  I also wanted to share the .PNG files and the cut files with you for "Wild Thing"  They actually say Wild Things, but I cut the "S" off.  If you choose to use them, link them back to my blog.  I would love to see what you do with them.  Here is the .PNG.  Here is the Silhouette Cut File.

If you have any issues, let me know.  I've changed my downloads from Google Drive to Dropbox!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails