Sunday, September 22, 2013

Five Minute Friday...She...


I realize it's Sunday...but this prompt was very hard for me.  It's She...I don't know what to say about "She"  I have no "she" in my life that makes me feel warm and fuzzy.  I mean I have my friends, but I don't have daughters.  I have boys.  Little wild ones that run around and act crazy.  I was never a girly girl.  I was always tomboyish, working since the age of five.  My mom, I love her but she's not my best friend.  That's where I feel jealous of some.   They are best friends.  But I'm not best friends with her.  There are so many words that have passed that make it impossible.  It took me about four years for me to speak to her after I moved out of her house at the age of 16.  But I couldn't cheat her out of a wedding, out of the birth of my children.  Out of being there for my kids.  Every mother deserves that, no matter the relationship.  Please, don't get me wrong.  I do love her.  It's just not the same.  I see this prompt as a "She...makes me fell happy.  She makes me...yadda yadda..."But that's not me.  So, I mulled this prompt over and over since Friday.  I thought it would be fair just to write and see where this went.  The most wise words I've heard in my life don't come from a she...they come from a he.  My father.  He is wise.  I say to my children, what he said to me.  I would not be me with out him.  The other he in my life is my husband.  He is more than anyone could ask for.  Giving, kind, smart, and many many other things.  MY GOAL IS TO BE ME.  I am not SHE, and SHe is not I.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mariah! I just posted my Five Minute Friday post on Sunday too!!! I appreciate and love your honesty. I do not have a super deep relationship with my mother either even though I know she loves me very much...It makes me a little sad...I actually wrote about her in my post too!!

    I do have girls! But this "she" post did lead me to think more about my own mother than anything else...interesting...

    Thanks for your transparency...I think readers will appreciate the honesty (:

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails