Sunday, December 23, 2012

26 Acts

26 Acts to remember the 26 people in Newtown who lost their lives.  I'm not going to say much on the topic of Newtown.  I think that we as a country need to do some reflection, and to realize that we still live in a world that is good.  That is full of good people.  As, part of this whole one little word...BALANCE thing I'm doing, Erik and I have really been reflecting on things.  We realize that we do some things really well as parents, and some things that we really need to improve on.  So I saw this idea online and I thought it would be really something good to do with our children.  We are composing a list of 26 acts of kindness to do throughout the year.  26 things that will make a random person feel good and hopefully pass it on to someone else.

I also wanted to leave you with this quote from Mr. Rogers because I think it's something we really, really need to remember.

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’ To this day, especially in times of ‘disaster,’ I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in this world.”

Have a great day with your families...I'm going to be very busy preparing for Christmas Eve and Day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails