Thursday, November 15, 2012

Book Recommendation...Life of Pi


This book was amazing.  It started off very, very slowly which is why it took me so long to finally finish.  Part 1 of the book tells about Pi's early life, and how he became Catholic, Muslim, and Hindu.  Part 2 of the book is the story of his struggle to survive after the ship he is on sinks in the Pacific Ocean.  He must struggle to live while he shares a boat with a Bengal Tiger.  Part 3 is extremely short and consists of an interview with the Japanese company who owned the ship.  This book had a huge message, a huge huge message.  I cried at the end of the book.  It's not sad, but because of the realization of what I wished to believe.  Read this book.  It's going on my Must Read list.  It's a book that will make you a better more enlightened person.  

On a side note...My friend, Charlcee, made me read this book so we could go watch the movie.  I'm not sure I want to see the movie.  I think the movie will take away from the central message of the story.  I don't know if I want to see that happen.  Anyhow, hope all is well in your corner of the world.  I'm a busy girl here trying to get photos edited and get over my sick spell.  I blame Erik for sharing his germs.  Have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails