Saturday, December 31, 2011

Blog Your Heart/Happy New Year to You!

(Not your typical Blog Your Heart photo...but that's my heart right there...all of it.  Erik had to work Christmas Eve so he read Twas the Night Before Christmas before his shift.)

So, it's once again time for "Blog Your Heart" as challenged/prompted by Stephanie Howell.  And, I think it's a perfect time, on the eve of a new year.  2011 was a weird year.  It was a year of change for us. I don't think I've ever had so much stress in all of my life.  I hardly crafted a thing this year.  Last year, I made it a point to be present in our photos, and this year I didn't.  So when I look back now, I'm not in any of the photos :(.  My dog died...my little girl that I had for sixteen years.  Erik's new job brought a major change to our lives.  Erik's mom and dad moved...to our property.  We were supposed to move there too, and build a new house and have a much different life.  But life happens sometimes and plans change.  I am so tired of this economy.  I wish things would pick up.  I really, really do.  One of my friends lost her son this year, and I know it's not a part of my daily life, but I mourn for her, and pray for her everyday.  There is not a day that I don't look at my children and be thankful.  Somehow, this year, everything got disorganized and behind.  

I'm so looking forward to putting this year behind us.  To start fresh, and for Erik to have a schedule that he keeps longer than 4 weeks.  I want to be organized and go through the clutter around here.  I want my office to be functional again.  I want to look forward to getting this house ready to sell, and build our dream home (if the economy can pick up).  And I want to go on a vacation with my husband, something he has been unable to do.  I'm looking forward to building my photography business.  It's something that I really like to do, and it helps us out financially.  Ali Edwards chooses one word a year to focus on...I will probably never participate in her project, not that it's not a good one, but I will will choose a word...okay two:  Organize and Balance.   

And so tonight, I will stay home with my boys.  We will have homemade hot fudge sundae's (my grandmother's recipe).  We will probably watch some marathon...and the kids will drink their blue bubble gum sodas, and have homemade popcorn.  And we will look forward to the new...to change...and to a fresh start.  Happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Hoping 2012 brings you peace! Great photo btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lynn...Blessings to you and yours. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I hope you do make it a point to be present in your photos in 2012 - I did the same thing in 2011 and Im very glad I did. I hope 2012 brings you much happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i hope that 2012 is so beautiful for you. sending love- thanks for blogging your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Hope 2012 brings you all you wish: a more stable life, a dream house… Thanks for sharing your heart with us. Cheers from Bordeaux, FR

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails