Sunday, July 11, 2010

Update and a Quick tip

All pages made with Basic GreySupplies

No, you aren't having deja vu.  That is the same page three times.  As some of you know, I have 3 boys.  Each boy has their own scrapbook (in cronological order).  To cut down on the work, I make three sets of pictures and three pages with the same layout.  Each boy does get different and individualized pages in their albums as well.  But, this method really does help speed things up.  I also make a separate family album.  I don't scrapbook that in cronlogical order...just when I'm inspired by photos.

So, the past few days have been a whirlwind.  My grandfather is still in the hospital.  He has pnemonia, and is having a hard time breathing.  The doctors seem to think he'll be okay.  He'll have to stay in the hospital until he gets better.  I've been going to the hospital daily since Thursday.  It's a difficult time because my mom and aunt are going to have to make some difficult decisions.  They would like for him to go to assisted living, but my grandmother WILL NOT go.  She has been very mean this time around.  I think things are starting to get to her.  She says she doesn't want my grandfather to come home.  She thinks he's faking to get attention, and so he won't have to do the housework.  She does everything, but keep in mind she fired the cleaning lady that cleaned her house for 25 years (because she didn't do anything but talk to my grandfather).  So, we'll see what happens.  My grandmother is not normal in the head and it's extremely difficult.  My aunt and mom are probably going to have to get power of attorney.  It's really a very sad situation.

My husband landscaped our yard this past week.  It threw everything out of routine,  but it really looks nice.  There are still a few things that need to be done, but it looks so much better.  I will share some before and after pictures when I get them together.

My car was in the shop for 2 days.  The DVD player broke and it continuously tried to eject the DVD, which killed the battery.  It's still not fixed, but the DVD player has been disabled.  I'm going to have to take it back this week to get fixed.  

I'm really disappointed with the Post Office as well.  I sent some cards (24) to a customer.  They are lost.  I can't believe they are lost.  I've never had anything like that happen.  I'm hoping they will be sent back to me soon, or that the person will receive them.  They are for her birthday in August so they really need to get there. 

We've been watching the Tour de France.  I love watching it.  We Tivo it so we can watch it in the evenings.  Tonight is True Blood, Entourage, and Hung.  I love HBO Sundays.  I guess that fills you in on pretty much everything.   I'll post week 2 of Finding Inspiration tomorrow.  If anyone has their layouts done email them to me to be eligible for a prize.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails