Sunday, July 23, 2017

Summer Update/Around Here

Hey everyone!  I thought I'd give you all a summer update.  I will post a complete bullet point update at the end of summer but I figure I should just touch base for now.  Summer is slipping away at a rapid pace...insert crying jag.

So far this summer, I've been really busy.  I'm restarting my photography business.  I've spent a lot of time building my portfolio and website.  I will share it as soon as I'm happy with it.  I hoping for a fall debut.  Its been really nice to have so much support from past clients and people in general that just want to help out....free photos.  I've learned a lot and I'm really happy about that.

The kids are fighting...I'm sure you picked that up from a previous post.  But I'm telling you it is like level 10 fighting.  In fact, I went on a shoot today and my friend was late.  I really enjoyed the peace and quiet as I waited for her and her kids to arrive.  I almost wanted to tell Erik they were an hour late so I didn't have to go home but alas we had last minute dinner plans with his family.

Oddly, my dogs are shedding like crazy.  I'm not sure what brought this on because it's never happened.  I'm constantly running the vacuum.  It's not that much fun.  Speaking of cleaning, we cleaned out the ENTIRE garage.  It took us five days.  It was absolute insanity.  I can't tell you my kitchen table is clean at the moment because I'm trying to jam an entire office into three cabinets.  It's not really going that well.

Okay, so I got all of that off my chest so I'll share some pictures now to make this post more lively.

No makeup selfie...but I did the unthinkable.  I cut my own bangs.  They don't look too shabby.

 Spent a ton of money for each kid to have their own room.  Yet, they apparently don't want their own rooms.

 Didn't buy popsicles so the kids made some out of water.  This was a surprising win.
 Took the kids to Sakura Grill.  They love that place.  It was a lot of fun.
 This hideous frog tried to kill me.  You can see the evil glint in his eye.
Cooking a brisket


 I'm loving having fresh flowers in the house.





 Chile from my garden
Erik takes his wood seriously.  That's what she said hahahaha (sorry too much Office watching)




 JoJo has taken up coffee drinking this summer.
Maddie's millionth terrarium. He has an obsession with them.  He buys all of the plants and makes them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails