Sunday, October 5, 2014

This and That

It's been so long since I've just posted about me and mine and what's been going on around here.  So here we go.  

1.  We've been keeping up with our Real Food Diet.  I recently purchased Lisa Leake's cook book, 100 Days of Real Food, which I love.  I highly recommend it.  It is packed with information from her blog, and wonderful recipes and meal plans.  I cook a lot with her recipes and I can't say there hasn't been one I haven't liked.  Everything I've ever made using one of her recipes has been a big hit in our house.  

2.  We got a membership to Costco.  I decided to do this because it's so expensive to try and keep up with solely Real Food in your home.  We got the basic membership, Gold Star, after much contemplation.  We went in and looked at all of the food and prices.  We decided to go ahead and get it because it would save us so much money when it came to meats and healthy snacks.  This first trip we saved $35 as compared to what I'd pay at a local grocery store.  That's only $20 away from the cost of membership.

3.  I am really missing my iPhone...better known as Mariphone.  Maralaxy is nice, but I want my iPhone back.  Guess I found that out the hard way.  It's my punishment for being a traitor.  

4.  I'm on a country music kick right now.  I completely love American Kids by Kenny Chesney.  It's such a small town song, and sometimes I really miss my hometown.  I miss my friends now that we're all spread out.

5.  This kid has turned into a monster.  It's like the instant he walked into middle school he was a completely different child.  It's so hard to parent a middle schooler.  I'm sure much more is yet to come as he gets older.

6.  We're all adjusting to a few bombshells that were dropped on us.  We're trying to adjust to the deaths of half of our grandparents and a friend.  We started this year with 8 grandparents.  It's been a hard thing to accept.

7.  I took my step sister's senior photos this weekend.  It's hard to believe that she's going to graduate this year.  It was nice because I've been so burnt out on taking pictures.  This was just laid back and relaxed.  I'm finally getting to where I want to start taking pictures again.  


8.  I've been busy making layouts and cards.  You guys have seen that, but it makes me really happy to have a creative outlet.

9.  I can't believe how fast this year is going.  It's been hard, but were are 3/4 of the way done.  The holiday season will be here before you know it.

10.  I've been trying to get Wolfie to read Harry Potter for the last couple of years.  The kid is finally reading the series.  He's onto book 5 now.  The only problem is that he's more interested in reading than doing his school work.  So, now I actually have to take the books away from him.  :/

So there you have it.  A little this and that.  Hope you have a beautiful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails