Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Honor Society...Clique Kits Blog Share



I am so excited to join Clique Kits with their Pep Rally.  I haven't received my kits yet, they should arrive soon.  I am anxiously awaiting their arrival.  I can't wait to show you what goodies I got and the creations I make.  I just want to show you that Clique Kits offer such a great variety with their monthly kits.  As a subscriber, I was able to download their digital downloads (designed by Lacey!).  The downloads are formatted as .pngs, some are jpegs, and some are formatted for your Silhouette cutting machine.  I know not everyone has a Silhouette, but that should not stop you from being able to take advantage of the digital downloads.  The .png files can be used in Photoshop Elements, Photoshop, or Microsoft Office.  I'm going to show you that today.  First, let's start with Photoshop.  The same tools should be available in Elements.
Here is the final product.

So, I started in Photoshop by opening my photo, and the .png "love"  The "love" .png looked like this to start.

I dragged and dropped the "love" .png onto my photo.  I resized it (holding down the shift key on the Mac to keep it proportional).

I repositioned the "love" file to the bottom of my photo.  I wanted the color to be white, so I went to my paint bucket tool.


Made sure the color was white....


Then because I didn't want it totally white, I adjusted the opacity to my liking.  Next saved it and it's ready to be printed. 


Here is another one I made using this .png


I did a screen shot of this image so that's why you see the dotted lines (wanted you to see the outline of the shape).  After changing the color of the .png, I added text using the text tool to the bottom of the photo.  

Now, I will show you the pictures with .pngs from the June kit I made in Microsoft Word.  




First, create a document for the photo size you want to print.  I didn't do that for this post because I wanted to show you the background of Word.  The next thing I did was to open the .pngs I wanted to use.  You do that by going to Insert>Image>Picture from File.  After adding the .pngs, I opened the pictures.

So, this is what my document looked like...
 Next, you will need to text wrap your images.  It's the little dog icon.  You can also access it by right clicking on the photo.  I always choose "In Front of Text" that way I can drag the photo  where ever I want to.  You can then reposition the photos.
Next, I wanted to change the opacity and effect of the image.
 This would be incase you wanted to change the color.

This is how I dissolved the edges and changed transparency.
 At the bottom of the photo, I just inserted a text box to add text to the photo.  I then right clicked to bring up the formatting options and changed the opacity...In word it was the transparency.

I really hope this all made sense.  If it didn't please feel free to ask questions in the comment section.  

If you are here, make sure you have checked out all of the other blogs before:

10 comments:

  1. wow - what a cool tutorial, thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for including this Mariah! I don't have a silhoutte and usually don't do much with the die cuts. I will have to give this a try...I'm not very fluent in Adobe...just know the basics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never even thought of adding them directly to my photo... THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tutorial!! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic tutorial and thanks for sharing how to use the downloads in another use!! Very valuable in taking a kit even further!! I love how you used them on your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the digital inspiration!! Thanks so much, I need to pull out my digi files and finish them with what is left of my kit :) Can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this, love how it turned out on your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you adapted the pix. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post is bookmarked on my phone for easy access!! Great tutorial! Thank you for taking the time to create this valuable post and share it with everyone! Fantastic, Thank you for playing along with us Clique Kits girls!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails