Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thank You Card

Paper, flower, and brad are from MWExpress December Kit; Ranger Distress Inks

Hi there, everyone.  I'm just dropping in to say hi.  My grandfather was moved to a nursing home yesterday.  It's really nice.  We went on Sunday and took a tour, etc., etc.  I went to see him yesterday evening,  and this morning.  My mom, aunt, and Maddie went this afternoon.  What a hard thing this has been.  I spent a lot of time with my grandparents growing up.   I was with them everyday.  They helped me with my homework, taught us how to swim, taught me how to cook, and countless other things.  I never thought this would happen.  Both of my grandparents are extremely healthy.  They're not on any medication at all.  Well, I guess my grandfather is due his congestive heart failure.  That only started in May.  I just thought one day I would get a call that said one of them had passed away in the night.  It is incredibly sad to leave your loved one at a nursing home.  Even if it's really nice place.  My grandfather looked so vulnerable and sad.  I know this is probably the best decision and that it's only temporary until he gets strong enough to go home.  But, it's still hard.  It's unfair.  My grandfather has always been mild-mannered and patient.  It's just sad that he has to go through this.  Well, I guess that's all for today.  Sorry to depress you.  I just wanted to say thanks to the people who have emailed me.  Thanks for the prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails