Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hello there, again!

Hello, everyone.  I know it's been a while.  I've been out of town on vacation and now I'm busy setting my classroom up.  In case you didn't know, one of my layouts was chosen for publication in the July Edition of Scrapbook News and Review.  I'm so excited!!!

So we spent the part of last week and the weekend in Colorado visiting Erik's grandparents.  I'll share pictures with you all in a later post.  I have to go through all of them.  My summer is over.  I start back to school on Monday.  This year, I will have two kids in school!  We're all going to a brand new school.  It's really nice.  I did, however, hate it for the first two hours when I couldn't figure out how to lay out my classroom.  My husband and my friend, Pam (she teaches with me) moved the furniture back and forth.  It was like a movie,  "No I don't like it there.  How about over there?"  Funny.  Now, I'm exhausted from carrying boxes around and unpacking.  I don't know how I got so much stuff.  Okay, well, maybe I do.

My grandfather is still in the nursing home.  It doesn't look like he'll be able to go home.  As, my grandmother, doesn't want him there.  He is unable to take care of himself.  This is going to be a difficult time for my mother and aunt because they are going to have to end up taking my grandmother to court.  Either to get her declared incompetant (which she is), or to get 50% of the money for my grandfather's care.  Has anyone else ever been in a situation like this?  If so, what did you do?  It's so heartbreaking. 

Well, I didn't mean to depress anyone.  I hope summer is in full swing for those of you still in it.  I'm going to try and post tomorrow...the August Memory Works Express Kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails