Saturday, October 20, 2012

How to be a Reading Junkie...I mean Avid Reader

I am quite aware that I have an addiction to reading.  I am a reading junkie  avid reader.  I just wanted to share a few tips with you so that I can enable you to be one too.

Reading can be an expensive hobby...if you read eBooks that is.  I mean the local library is always a place to go, but I prefer to read electronic books now.  So, I have become quite obsessive.  I have downloaded three reading apps to Mariphone...



Right now, I read a lot of books that are free.  That's right, free books out for the taking.  Most of those books are available at Amazon and some at Barnes and Noble too.  I read Maryse's Blog.  Her Genre is Romance.  I'm sure there are probably people who recommend non-romance novels.  She provides all sorts of reviews and tons of book recommendations.  Every Friday, she releases the Freebie Friday List.  So I head over to Amazon and download the books that seem interesting.

I also read a lot of books from people who choose to write and publish their own books without getting major publishers involved.  This means, I can read a lot of really good books for $1.99, $2.99, or free...again.  Some of the best stories I've read, or the characters I have loved most come from people that have chosen to self publish.  Some of them, I'm sure have been rejected by the Big Publishers because their work wasn't deemed good enough.

Now onto the E-Reader Apps.  I have found that Nook is usually cheaper than iBooks, and has a much larger selection of books.  I have not compared the prices to Amazon...as I usually do Freebies.  Though, I have bought a few books since I started with their Kindle App.  Buying Books...or getting Freebies is a BREEZE with Amazon.  I find it easier as they don't constantly ask my password and the books automatically download to their app.  With Nook, I always have to refresh my app before they download.  I really like the layout of iBooks better than any other reader.  The appearance is much neater, and it will tell you how many pages you have left in a chapter.  I find this helpful at 2:00 a.m. when I tell myself I'll just finish this one last chapter.

Don't forget to check my What I Read Page.  I've posted lots of books on there that I have found worthwhile.  I don't post all of the books I read on there as some of them want to make my gag myself with a spoon...such as Gabriel's Inferno.  It started out so good, but by the last third I wanted to jab my eyes out.  I had to finish the stupid book, though because I had already read so many of the 549 pages.  Which I will say, I skimmed through the last pages.  There is a sequel, but I would rather throw myself into an inferno before reading it.  Anyhow, I try to keep that page up to date....

So, that's all I have.  I hope it was somewhat informative.  Reading has always been such a huge part of my life.  I want to share it with others, too.  Have a great Saturday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails