Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Vacation


We watched this movie last night...it's been a long time since I'd seen this movie.  I must have watched it about 25 to 30 times as a kid.  Me and my brothers would quote the movie lines such as:
"I don't know, Margo."
"I wouldn't be more surprised if I woke up in the morning with my head sewn to the carpet."
And now that I'm a grown up and can say hell:
"Take a look around, Helen, we're on the threshold of Hell."
I texted my brother the quotes last night while I watch the movie.  I'm sure he really appreciated it.  It's called spreading the Christmas spirt.   

Watching this movie lifted my Christmas spirit a bit.  It was nice to laugh.  It was nice to hear Erik chuckle at the movie.  We have a new perspective now that we're the adults, and parents.  I finally got one of the jokes in the movie for the very first time.  

Today, we woke up to snow!  It's still snowing.  The kids are going to help me wrap Christmas presents, we're going to take Santa pictures, and start our holiday baking.  Better late than never, and sometimes laughter really is the best medicine.  
Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails