Thursday, January 22, 2015

That one time I liked my Camera

***A Photoless Post... I'm sorry for that...****

There was a time that I loved my camera...my DSLR that is.  I'm just at a point right now with photography that I just can't bear to use it.  I know that's a horrible revelation, but it's true.  I'm just at the point where I feel I can't edit one more photo.  I can't even take a picture with it.  It's just so tedious at this point.  I shoot RAW when I use my camera, and maybe that's a problem because I have to convert everything to JPEG.  I also have to upload all of the photos before I can share or edit them.   I also blame this on taking up one of my passions and making it into a job.  It was a lot of fun to take pictures and give people beautiful things to hang on their walls.  Then it became disheartening when people started looking elsewhere for photos because they were cheaper.  Cheaper but so low in quality it was unbelievable (Not my customers, but potential customers).  Not to mention the huge amount of time editing photos takes from my family.  At this point, I've decided to stop.  Stop taking photos of other people until I can get my head in the right space.  I don't know how long this is going to take.  I might not ever take a photo of someone else again.  That's probably far fetched but that's where I'm at.  I also feel so bad for people settling for photos that are subpar.  I just can't help you now if that's the choice you want to make.  I have to get to a place where I can and want to take photos of my family with my camera.  I'm going to take active steps to get back, not necessarily professionally, but for my family.  My family deserves that personal touch and the beautiful photos that I know I can take.  At this point it needs to be just for them not for anyone else.

I promise to be honest and open in this endeavor.  I have a few ideas that I'm mulling over to get back to where I want to be, and I promise to share that along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails