Thursday, March 27, 2014

Back to Square One



 So, we had a setback.  You might remember my previous post where I told you all that Maddie's urine came back normal.  He was doing well!  On Tuesday, he started showing visible blood in his urine.  It looks like Coca Cola.  I'm not trying to gross you out, I'm just telling you incase something like that ever happens to you, or your child.  He also didn't tell me until after school.  He had it two or three times at school, and didn't tell anyone.  We took him to the ER.  The ER felt that it wasn't an emergency, but that he needed to see his regular doctor in the morning.  Our doctor has been WONDERFUL.  He's not the kid's regular pediatrician, but another one from his office.  Our pediatrician is on hiatus :(  Anyhow, he consulted with the Nephrologist to come up with a medical plan.  As of now, Maddie is on bed rest, and homebound.  School will be determined on a weekly basis.  A home healthcare nurse will be coming daily to check his blood pressure and weight.  We will see the Nephrologist on Tuesday.  Yesterday, Erik pulled his mattress out of his room and put it on the living room floor.  He had a whole little realm in there.




He's enjoying his shows, doing simple crafts, and hanging out with the dogs.  I will keep you guys posted.  And again, I can't believe how well he is taking this.  I am so proud of him.  Also, he loves Duck Dynasty and Full House. Hahaha.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails