Friday, December 21, 2012

Another Must Read...Hopeless by Colleen Hoover


I just finished this book.  Just now.  This book is breathtaking.  Absolutely breathtaking.  You must read this book.  Here is the synopsis from Amazon.

Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies...

That's what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she's never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he's nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn't at all who he's been claiming to be. When the secrets he's been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky's life will change forever.

There is so much more to this book than the synopsis.  It was life altering for me.  Here is a quote from the book that I will keep with me forever:  (Hope I don't get arrested for posting it :))

"The things that knock you down in life are tests, forcing you to make a choice between giving in and remaining on the ground or wiping the dirt off and standing up even taller than you did before you were knocked down.  I'm choosing to stand up taller.  I'll probably get knocked down a few more times before this life is through with me, but I can guarantee you I'll never stay on the ground."

Go read this book.  You won't be sorry you did.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails